Beta 2 adds chapters entitled Health and Melee Combat, and Victory and Defeat, as well as some errata. Learn to track hit points, for both the player and monsters. Add a heads-up display. Find the lost amulet, or die trying.
The new chapters are focused on state management, and structuring your game to support different modes.
New chapters added:
- Health and Melee Combat
- Victory and Defeat
This release also includes the following changes:
- Clarified the placement of the
- Changed references from
cargo newto reflect the preferred usage of the tool.
- Added an aside explaining why you create a new
Stringbefore passing it to
- Added discussion about Rust’s handling of trailing commas in lists.
- Fixed capitalization of
- Added a small section to chapter 2 discussing
map_rendercode used from Chapter 5 onwards is more efficiently structured.
- Added instructions to insert the Collision System into your scheduler.
- Added a note that the
map_idxfunction should be implemented outside of the
Mapstructure’s implementation block.
- Expanded the code example in “Consume the Map API” to include the
- Corrected an issue in the source code in which
camera.rschanged the function signature of
on_player_movein later chapters.